Bluetooth Serial Adapter - Parani BCD100B-SPP
The Parani-BCD100 is a Bluetooth Class 1 OEM module for OEM manufacturers who want to implement Bluetooth Class 1 functionality with their products cost effectively and also in timely manner.
Users can build their own antenna circuit around the BCD100 to lower the overall cost while benefit from the BCD100’s field-proven standard SPP (Serial
Port Profile) firmware provided with no additional cost.
The BCD100 supports Class 1 Bluetooth transmission level for longer communication distance typically ranges from 100 m up to 1 km. The BCD100 supports
UART, USB, I2C, PCM, PIO interfaces for the communication with the OEM products.
The BCD100 is provided with Bluetooth v2.0 compatible firmware runs internally for SPP (Serial Port Profile) applications by default. The SPP firmware
supports up to 4 simultaneous multiple connections and is designed to work out-of-box for real world SPP applications such as POS (Point-of-sales),
industrial automation, remote metering and other various applications. Optionally, the BCD100 can be supplied with only software stack up to HCI
level so entire Bluetooth stack runs on the host side for the application such as USB dongles for computers, or OEM manufacturers can even develop
and embed their own firmware into the BCD100.
The BCD100 is fully qualified with Bluetooth v.2.0+EDR specification so OEM manufacturers can save cost and time for overall OEM product certifications,
which makes the BCD100 ideal solution for larger volume and cost sensitive applications.
The main applications of Parani-BCD100 are as follows :
– High-speed data transceiver systems for long distance communication
– PCs/Personal Digital Assistants (PDA)
– Bluetooth USB dongle
– Bluetooth serial dongle
– Bluetooth access points
– Industrial automation devices
– Remote metering devices
– POS (Point-of-sales) devices
- Bluetooth Class 1
- Fully qualified with Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR specification
- Transmit Power: +18dBm Typical
- Receive sensitivity: -90dBm (0.1% BER)
- Size: 27.1 x 14.8 x 2.4mm with shield can
- Extended operating temperature range: -40??C ~ +85??C
- Integrated 8Mbit Flash Memory
- USB, Dual UART, I2C, PCM, PIO interfaces
- 802.11 co-existence
- Field-proven SPP (Serial Port Profile) firmware supporting up to 4 simultaneous multiple connections
- RoHS Compliant