UHF FM Transceiver
The BiM module integrates a low power UHF FM transmitter and matching superhet receiver together with data recovery and TX/RX change over circuits to provide a low cost solution to implementing a bi-directional short range radio data link.
The high data rates (up to 40kbit/s) and fast TX/RX changeover (<1ms ) make the BiM transceiver ideal for high integrity one to one links / multi-node
packet switch networks. Rapid RX power up ( <1ms ) allows effective duty cycle power saving of the receiver for battery powered applications (e.g.
15?A average @ 1ms ON : 1sec OFF).
BiM Transceiver Features:
- ETS 300-220 tested for European use
- SAW-controlled FM transmission at -6dBm ERP
- Double conversion Superhet receiver
- -107 dBm receive sensitivity
- Single 4.5 to 5.5V supply <15mA (tx or rx)
- Half duplex data at up to 40kbit/s
- Reliable 30m in-building range
- Direct interface to 5V CMOS logic
- Fast Ims power up enable for duty cycle power saving
- On board data slicer, supply switches and antenna change over